How to solve all Gym Puzzles in Pokemon BDSP
There is a total of 8 Gyms in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (BDSP). In each of these Gyms, you will have to solve a Puzzle to reach the leader. This guide shows how to solve all gym puzzles in Pokémon in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
1) Oreburgh City Gym Puzzle (Roark)
This one is very simple. You simply have to find Gym leader Roark in the Oreburgh Mine and then you will be able to fight her in the Gym. Go to the mine on the southeast side of Oreburgh City. Here, you will find Roark wearing a red helmet as shown in the second picture below. Talk to Roark and then go back to the gym to fight him.
2) Eterna City Gym Puzzle (Gardenia)
The gym is on the southeast side of Eterna City as shown in the picture below. After entering the gym, talk to the leader (Gardenia) and she will tell you that you cannot fight her until you have found and defeated the 4 hidden Gym Trainers. Now go through the door and enter the garden portion of the gym.
Eterna City Gym Trainers Locations
After entering the garden portion of the gym, go straight ahead until you reach the backside with a green patch as shown below. From the green patch, turn around and you will find the trainer standing between some trees.
After defeating Trainer 1, proceed to the southwest side. Go to the end of the path, where you will find the trainer behind some trees as shown below.
Now go back to the green patch. From there go south until you see three trees with light green colored leaves on the right side as shown in the picture below. Trainer 3 is behind these three trees.
Now go back to the garden entrance. From here. take the path on the right side as shown below. Go till the end and then start moving north. At the end of the path, you will see 4 flowers on the left side (See the second picture below). Trainer 4 will be standing near these 4 flowers.
After you have defeated Trainer 4, gym leader Gardenia will appear on the green patch at the backside of the garden. Defeat her to get the forest badge.
3) Veilstone City Gym Puzzle (Maylene)
This guide will show you how to solve and complete the Veilstone City Gym Puzzle. When you break it down, this gym puzzle will be simple. You must first clear the sides to move the final two boards and carve out a path. Maylene, the gym’s leader, is positioned behind two boards in the center section.
Make sure you battle all four of the gym trainers before taking on the gym’s leader, Maylene. Anyone who picked Chimchar will have a pretty easy time here. At the start, this guide will tackle the right side first.
- Go down to the lower right square pit and push the wall to the right (Marked 1).
- Go to the upper right square pit and push the wall to the right (Marked 2).
- Push the wall (Marked 3) between lower and upper square pit to the right. Move the wall behind that to the right as well (Marked 4).
- Go to extreme right and push middle wall (Marked 5)and top wall (Marked 6) to the left.
- This will clear the path to reach one of the final board the gym’s leader. Pass through the right path and push the wall (Marked 7) leading to Maylene to the left.
- Go down to the lower middle square pit and push the wall to the left. (Marked 1)
- Push the upper wall of the lower left square pit to the left. (Marked 2)
- Push the top upper left wall to the right. (Marked 3)
- Push the wall between two left square pits to the left. (Marked 4)
- Push the wall of the upper left square pit to the left. (Marked 5)
- Push the wall of the lower left square pit to the right. (Marked 6)
- This will clear the path to reach one of the final board the gym’s leader. Pass through the left square pits and push the wall leading to Maylene to the right. (Marked 7)
4) Pastoria City Gym Puzzle (Crasher Wake)
In this Pastoria Water Gym puzzle, you must progress through different water floors and battle various trainers before you can challenge Crasher Wake, the gym’s leader. To reach different trainers and Crasher Wake, you must drain or raise water to make the path to reach the gym leader.
- First, head to the southwest corner and step on the yellow button. The water will reduce the water level. This button is located on the left side and north of the yellow tiles line when you start the puzzle. I have marked the location and path in the below screenshot.
- Go down the stairs, and travel north as shown in the image. Step on the green button on a platform, just south of Gym Leader Wake. This will raise water.
- Follow the open path going south and then turn west. Step on the blue button near the trainer wearing a sailor costume. This will raise the water fully.
- Travel south, and go northeast. Step on the green button near the trainer wearing a red/orange hat. This is the only path you can travel.
- Go down the stairs on the right, and travel south. Step on the yellow button at the end of the path.
- From the previous location go north till the end, and turn west. You will be going below the gym leader platform. Climb the stairs on the left. Then, step on the blue button near another sailor. The water will rise.
- Pass through the small wooden bridge on the east. Then, walk north to reach Gym Leader Crasher Wake.
5) Hearthome City Gym Puzzle (Fantina )
In Hearthome Gym, there are no trainers, so players must answer a series of math questions to reach Fantina. There are four questions in total, with the final asking players to recall the answer to the first question, which is 15. Players will be able to challenge Fantina, who is waiting for them in the final room, once they have correctly answered all of the questions.
Questions – Answers & Door
#Q1: 3 plus 5 plus 7 is? >> 15 & Right Door
#Q2: 12 plus 28 is? >> 40 & Middle Door
#Q3: 3 times 13 is? >> 39 & Left Door
#Q4: The first room’s answer? >> 15 & Right Door
6) Canalave City Gym Puzzle (Byron)
In the Canalave City Gym, you will have to solve a platform puzzle. The Canalave Gym has several moving platforms that have the player moving up, down, and across the building to reach different gym areas, and make your way to Byron. Follow the steps shown below to complete the puzzle.
- Travel north, and defeat the trainer in a karate suit. Then, go east. Stand on the last platform on the east side. It will take you to the 2nd floor.
- Go south, and step on the platform at the end, it will take you down to the 1st floor.
- On the first floor, defeat the trainer in green color hair, and take the platform after him on the left.
- Take the platform on the left to reach the other side. Then, use the next platform to reach the 3rd floor.
- Use the platform on the north to get across. Keep moving north until you reach the trainer with a yellow cap at the end.
- Go to the east until you reach the Karate trainer. Then, enter the small path to reach the platform on the south.
- Take the platform on the right. When you reach the other side, take the available platform to go down. Defeat the green hair trainer.
- After defeating the trainer, and take the available platform behind the red wall and green hair trainer to reach the 1st floor.
Finally, on the 1st floor, head west and take the platform with the red symbol. It will take you to the location of Gym Leader Byron.
7) Snowpoint City Gym Puzzle (Candice)
- From the starting point, move to the top of the snow section and go left.
- When you hit a snowball, go up three snow tiles (as showm in below image) to hit another snow ball.
After hitting another snowball, go right as shown below image.
- Here you will destroy one of the snowballs blocking the stairs to the gym’s leader.
- Manuvear as shown in below image to reach snow tiles.
Go left to clear the snowballs in the center of the room.
- Continue to follow the marked path to destroy two lines of snowball at the center.
- Follow the path to clear the third row of snowballs.
Follow the skating path along the outer path downward and then go left.
When you hit the end snow tile. go upward and then go lower floor when you hit seconds snow tiles.
- Go up two sets of stairs and then slide through three snow tiles as shown in below image to g up.
- Go upward till the end , turn left , then left again and again left at snowball. Skating down to clear the last snowball blocking the path to boss.
8) Sunyshore City Gym Puzzle (Volkner)
In this gym puzzle, you must progress through three different levels/floors and battle various trainers before you can challenge Volkner, the gym’s leader. To reach different trainers and Volkner, you must rotate metal (cogwheel ) gears on all three floors/levels.
Cogwheel/Gears have buttons of different colors, and each rotates at a different angle and direction.
Green Button: Rotate 90 degree and Anti-Clockwise
Blue Button: Rotate 90 degree and Clockwise
Red Button: Rotate 180 degree and Clockwise
- Step on the green button on the right (east) side first. Then, step on the button on the left (west). Go and fight with the gym trainer on Level 1
- Step on the blue button three times. It will turn the cogwheel on the left into a stair through which you can pass. Pass through it to reach the other side and fight with the gym trainer.
- Step on the blue button near the trainer, and then the green button. Fight the trainer with guitar near the stairs on the right side. Go upstairs and fight with another trainer before moving to the next room.
- Step on the red button on the right (east) side once, and step on the red button on the left side (west). Fight off the trainer.
- Climb the stairs on the left until you reach the top. Fight off the trainer again at the left top. Then, step on the green button twice.
- Step on the blue button, and go down using the stairs on the right. Fight off the trainer.
- Continue going down and step on the red button at the bottom right (east).
- Climb back to the top using the stairs. Use the bridge to reach Gym Leader Volkner’s location.