This guide shows how to complete the “Yachimatahiko’s Trial”, which is a subquest of the world quest “Erebo’s Secret “ in the Enkanomiya area of Genshin Impact 2.4. Erebo’s Secret is available once you’ve defeated the Abyss Lector Fathomless Flames.
Also Read: Kunado’s Trial
How to Start the World Quest – Erebo’s Secret
Head to Serpent’s Heart in Enkanomiya – and make sure Evernight is active. You will find the shade of Eboshi, near the northwestern fast travel point of Serpent’s Heart.
Interact with the shade and accept the challenge. This will spawn three islands along the edges of Enkanomiya’s map as marked on the map below. You will also be assigned three new subquests.
Using the Ghostfish and reaching the new islands
These three islands along the edges of the map cannot be reached directly and can only be accessed by using the Ghostfish portal. These Ghostfish portals can be found at the pools of water as marked on the map below. Travel to the nearest Teleport Waypoint and head to the pool.
Jump from a height to the Ghostfish portal located in the middle of the pool to activate your glide. Here you have to control your stay within the radius of the Ghostfish’s effect and this will slowly float you upward. Eventually, you’ll enter a portal that takes you to its corresponding floating island. There are three different Ghostfish portals to take you to three different floating islands.
Head to The Narrows island and go to the marked location of the Ghostfish portal’s pool of Yachimatahiko’s Locus. Jump from a height to the Ghostfish portal to start the glide. You will enter a portal that takes you to Yachimatahiko’s Locus.
Talk to the afterimage in front of the seal
Once you reached Yachimatahiko’s Locus, speak with the shadow (Uda) near the seal. Once the conversation gets over, the seal will vanish and you can enter inside.
Release all the Flames of the High Gate (0/4)
Inside, you’ll need to interact with all four Flames of the High Gate. After you reach the main puzzle area you will find a Triangular Mechanism on the main area (ground) and a Whitenight/Evernight switch on the second floor which you can from nearby by stairs.
- Go upstairs and switch to Whitenight.
- Drop down. You will find a corridor next to the stairs with the first flame.
- Go upstairs and switch to Whitenight (assuming if it is not) and drop down to hit the Triangular Mechanism of the main area. This will open the barricade with another inactive Triangular Mechanism
- Go upstairs and switch to Evernight and jump down again. Hit the blue Triangular Mechanism this time (inside the barricade)
- This will move the stone wall and open the nearby barricade, allowing you to pick up the flame.
- Go upstairs and change the switch to Evernight (in case if it is not)
- Look to the right side of the Whitenight/Evernight switch to see a Triangular Mechanism (on the second floor)
- Go to the Triangular Mechanism (on the second floor) and hit it to move the stone wall.
- Collect the third flame from the newly open barricade on the second floor
- Assuming it’s still Evernight, the fourth flame is floating on top of the building above where you find flame 2.
- You need to jump and glide to reach this flame. Climb to a higher level in buildings or nearby mountains and then glide to collect the flame.
After collecting all four Flames of the High Gate, head to the next tower and talk to the shade. This will complete Yachimatahiko’s Trial quest in Genshin Impact.