Valheim Raft – Controls and How to Sail in Valheim
Blueprint of raft is unlocked very early in the game. Boat blueprint is unlocked after discovering Bronze. Raft/Boat are very essential is traversing the sea but the controls could be a bit tricky. This article will tell how how to contron and sail a Raft/Boat in Valheim.
- Interact with “Rudder” to take control of the raft/boat.
- Press “W” to start Rowing mode.
- The Rowing mode icon will be displayed on the top right (see image)
- Raft/Boat will start moving forward automatically. You don’t need to press any other button.
- In rowing mode, the raft/boat will move slowly.
- Press “W” again to raise Half Sail.
- The half sail mode icon will be displayed on the top right (see image)
- Raft/Boat will start moving at medium speed.
- Press “W” again to raise the Full Sail.
- The full sail mode icon will be displayed on the top right (see image).
- In full sail Boat/Raft move with the fastest speed.
- Direction of the wind can be checked by seeing the icon below the mini map (See image on Right).
- While moving along the wind direction “Half Sail” & “Full Sail” is more advantageous.
- While moving against the wind use rowing mode only. Half/Full Sail mode reduces the speed of raft/boat to a very low level.
- Use “S” or “S”+”S” to lower the Sail Half & Full respectively.
- Use “A” & “W” to steer the Raft/boat left & right.