‘The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai’ is one of the two Mythical Tales in the Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut Iki Island DLC Expansion released on 12th August 2021. This article shows the complete walkthrough of the mythical tale, including how to start the tale and how to find the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai.
Quest Info: My father’s long-lost horse armor lies somewhere in the wreckage-strewn waters of Zasho Bay. If I recover the armor, I can use it to help rid Iki of the Eagle Tribe.
Starting the Quest: Find the Storyteller Camped Near Zasho Bay
The quest starts automatically on reaching the Sheltered Campsite near Zasho Bay, which is on the eastern side of Iki Island as shown in the picture below. The first objective is to ‘ Find the Storyteller Camped Near Zasho Bay. You will find the storyteller near a campfire with people sitting around him. Sit near the campfire for a cutscene to start in which the storyteller will tell the brutal story of the invasion of Samurais led by Kazumasa Sakai.
Sneak into the camp to hear the rest of the story
During the cutscene, while the storyteller is telling the story, you will inform him that you are the son of Kazumasa Sakai, only to be kicked out of the camp. Your next objective will be to sneak into the camp to hear the rest of the story so that you can know the location of the Horse Armor that the storyteller mentioned in his story before. To hear the rest of the story, crawl through the small hole on the ship’s left side as shown in the picture below. On the other side, you will see the eavesdropping location right in the front. Go to the marked location and press R2 to hear the rest of the story. After you have listened to the complete story, you will know the location of the horse armor.
Find the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai
Now your next objective will be to Find the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai. Check the step-by-step procedure mentioned below to how to reach the location of Horse ARmor.
1) Crawl back outside from the hole in the ship and swim straight forward until you reach the wooden pole as shown in the picture below. From the wooden pole, turn left and swim straight ahead till you reach a broken boat (See the third picture below). From the broken boat, climb up the rocky mountain.
2) At the top of the rocky mountain you will see a ship mast in front of you. Jump on the mast and then drop down in the water. Then Swim through the opening marked as 1 & 2 in the pictures below.
Note: You will have to come back to the location marked 3 during step-4.
3) After swimming through the opening marked 2 (See the picture above), turn left and swim through another opening. You will find a boat here. Use your grappling hook to pull the mast forward. This will be helpful later during Step-5.
4) Swim back to the location marked 3 (See Step-2 above). Here you will find a broken boat supported on a beam. Pull the beam using your grappling hook. This will remove the support from the boat and it will rollover. Climb up the boat.
5) At the top of the boat, use the three grappling hooks (See yellow circles in the picture below) to jump to the other side. To get the middle grappling hook, you will have to pull a mast as shown in Step-3 before.
6) On the other side, pull the big mast at the center of the boat. This will make the mast fall down. Walk over the mast and then walk over the rope (See the second picture below) to reach the other side.
7) Use the grappling point to reach the rope as shown below.
8) On reaching the rope shown above, you will be able to see your destination in front of you. At the end of the rope, jump down on the landmass and then jump down on the water. Swim ahead and climb on the rocky ground at the end as shown in the picture below.
9) On climbing the rocky mountain you will see a Rope. Walk over it till the end.
10) At the end of the rope, jump down on the landmass below.
11) Here use the grappling hook on the ship above to enter it. This is your destination. Inside the ship, you will find the Horse Armor.
Defeat The Mongols
After you have collected the Horse Armor, you will get the objective to ‘Defeat the Mongols’. This objective serves as a tutorial on how to use the Horse Armor. With horse armor equipped, Horse Charge inflicts more damage, and incoming attacks are less likely to dismount you. Use Horse Charge to defeat the Mongols.
Speak with the survivors
After you have defeated the Mongols, talk to the villagers to complete the ‘The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai’ Mythical Tale.